Monday, April 18, 2011

Mixed Emotions

Today has been a day of mixed emotions.  I am entering my third trimester today.  Things are still going well.  The babies are both over 2 pounds, and my cervix is holding (although it has shortened some in the last month).  I should be joyous...and I am, but I am anxious too.  Every pregnancy comes with uncomfortable symptoms, especially in the last trimester.  I really don't care that I will be uncomfortable, but I have lost my confidence to say that I am uncomfortable but nothing is wrong.  With this pregnancy, every new symptom and development has me worried..and I am a really great worrier.  Sometimes I wish the line was clearer between pushing myself a little (in a healthy way) and pushing myself too far.  I am trying to stay on the side of caution whenever the line seems blurred, but it is hard to always know if I am making the right decisions.

Today is also 13 months since the triplets' birth.  It really has not been that hard of a day until I got the phone call.  I was trying to get my niece and Gabriel in the car after my niece's piano lesson when my phone rang.  I didn't recognize the number (out-of-state area code), but I answered it anyway.  I was not expecting the hospital.  It was the grief support staff calling from Good Samaritan.  I had prepared myself for this call last month in the week around their birthday, but the call never came.  I was not prepared for it today.  I am glad that they call to check on me, but sometimes I just wish I had more notice.  It had been so long since I had spoken with them last that they didn't even know I was pregnant with twins.  I bet that was a twist she wasn't expecting when she called me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment