Monday, July 18, 2011

One Month..or -5 Days

My girls were one month old on Saturday.  I can hardly believe it.  I think it seems even shorter because it took two weeks to get everyone home and settled.  It also seems odd that they are a month old when they were not due until this coming Friday (hence the -5 days for their adjusted age). 


Eowyn is the quieter of the two, but she is also more particular.  Although she can cry when she wants to, she often will let me know she is ready to eat by grunting instead.  She is a messy eater.  She will let her formula dribble out the sides of her mouth as she eats.  She can take forever to burp.  Eowyn sleeps best swaddled.  If you try to put her down without it, she will wake herself up by jerking her arms around.  She does well with tummy time though.  She can get her head up well.  She has even rolled over once.  It was completely by accident.  Her big head listed to the side and over she went.  At first, Eowyn will hardly ever open her eyes, but she has started to look around more in the last week.


Tessa is a girl who knows what she wants.  When she is hungry, she lets you know...loudly.  When she is tired, she sleeps really soundly.  She is our champion burper and squeaker.  She does not do as at tummy time.  She can lift her head enough to turn it from one side to the other, but that is about all.  When Tessa's awake, she looks around at everything with the widest eyes.

Both girls are growing.  Their one month appointment isn't for another week so I don't have official stats, but both have gained around 2 lbs since birth.  I can hardly believe how heavy they are getting; although, that is relative since they are about the size of Gabriel at birth.

I took pictures of the girls today.  They are not on par with the professional pictures my sister took a week ago.  If you haven't seen those, check them out here http://photos.willowgrovephotography.com/p237457698 .  I think they are funny because Eowyn looks the same in all of them, but Tessa's face is so expressive.  Here is what I imagine her saying.

Hi Mommy!

Do you taste good?

What is that!

I don't know about this.

What is that?

I'm happy.

I'm sleepy.

2 comments:

  1. LOL those are great photos! I love their cute little bellies! My mom says hi and that their Mimi Donna loves them even though she's only met them on the internet!

    ReplyDelete