Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer

I have been neglecting this place for awhile now. It has happened for several reasons. Mostly because I have been busy with the end of the school year and little ones who want more and more of my attention every day. I have gotten behind in posting the twins monthly updates (okay maybe behind is not strong enough of a word). I hope to correct that next week as I prepare for their first birthday. I also need to post some things about Gabriel soon. But I will leave all of those for posts coming soon. I wanted to write this post on my goals for the summer. A friend of mine started posting her weekly goals a long time ago. I most often just keep mental lists, but I liked the idea when I saw it. Since then, my sister has also occasionally taken up the habit. At the risk of copying (and possibly boring you), I wanted to write down some of my goals for my summer break.

Kids
- work with Gabriel on having a consistent daily quiet time
- have Gabriel work on reading and math every weekday
- take Gabriel to the library for the summer reading program
- work with the girls to transition them from bottle to soppy cups
- introduce more food to the girls including moving them to milk
- work on the girls' photo book and the next family photo book

Home
- paint the outside of the house
- work on the ceiling in our bathroom
- deep clean one area each week

Spiritual
- have a constintent daily quiet time
- attend weekly Bible study
- memorize 2 verses a week

School
- rework the units from the first semester
- write lesson plans and unit tests
- rethink and rewrite rules and procedures for classroom
- prepare to collect necessary documentation for evaluation rubric

This week, I am trying to focus on getting some of these started. I have taken Gabriel to the library to get registered. I have started my first week of Bible study, and I have started a plan for quiet times, memorization, and Gabriel's academic work. I also have been trying to feed the girls more finger food, and I have started to introduce the sippy cups. I will spend the remainder of this week continuing to do work on these. I also need to take all of the kids to the doctor. The girls have a normally scheduled appointment this week (although I will not be surprised if they end up on antibiotics again). Gabriel needs to be taken for several reasons including a spot of his scalp that I want to have checked. I will also be busy planning for the girls' first birthday party. At home, I am going to try to get the house cleaned. I think I will focus on deep cleaning the kitchen. For school work, I am focusing this week on focusing on my goals, rules, and procedures. I may also start working on the first unit.

Well, I am sure that you are thouroughly bored by now if you made it this far. As you can see, it is going to be a busy summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment