Monday, July 19, 2010

My Fertility Story: The Beginning

I haven't posted for awhile. I could blame it on being busy because I have been, but that wouldn't really be the whole truth. I have been avoiding posting. I am back now though, and I thought that I would start with my fertility story (this may take awhile).

I thought I would start at the beginning. I have always wanted kids. I wanted a large family, and Jason has known almost since he started dating me that a future with me would at least include 4 of them. I had it all planned (maybe I should have checked with God about that). When we got married, Jason wasn't ready for children yet, so I told him (yes, told him) that I would give him a year until we would start trying to have them. True to my word, we starting trying after a year. I was very optimistic at first even though I had always had issues with my cycle, but my optimism was eroded month after month as I realized that it had not worked. As we were closing in on a year of trying, I realized that we may need some help. I told Jason that I would discuss it with my doctor at my next yearly appointment that was coming up in a few months. We always joke that it was the threat of testing, but we never made it to that appointment. Thirteen months after we started trying, I realized that I was pregnant with Gabriel. This was one of the happiest times of my life. We had proven that we could get pregnant (I was starting to have my doubts), and I carried Gabriel with no complications. Everyone I knew kept telling me that we probably wouldn't have any trouble getting pregnant with our next child. They were wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment