Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Fertility Story: Fertility Doctor # 2

I made an appointment with a new doctor after I realized that my other doctor was not getting a job in town. I thought that we would proceed start to IVF, but I was wrong. He wanted to do more testing or both Jason and myself. The testing didn't turn out much different than before, and we were told by a second doctor that we probably wouldn't have another child except through IVF. He said that we might have a chance with IUI's. It was a slim chance, but we took it since this procedure was only a couple of hundred dollars instead of over ten thousand. We did the procedure twice. Both times, the nurses told us that they would be surprised if it worked. They were right. Just as I hoped to move to IVF with this new doctor, I received a letter in the mail announcing his retirement. He said in the letter that a new doctor would take over his practice in April. Later, it became that the new doctor wasn't coming until July. We had now been trying for another child for 4 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment